Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review: The Phantom Tollbooth

The Phantom TollboothThe Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was going to write a fantastic review, (because that's what I do-write fantastic reviews, haha), but then I saw the back cover and it summed it all up. It reads,

"For Milo, everything's a bore. When a tollbooth mysteriously appears in his room, he drives through only because he's got nothing better to do. But on the other side, things seem different. Milo visits the island of Conclusions (you get there by jumping), learns about time from a ticking watchdog named Tock, and even embarks on a quest to rescue Rhyme and Reason! Somewhere along the way, Milo realizes something astonishing. Life is far from dull. In fact, it's exciting beyond his wildest dreams!"

My children really enjoyed this book as I read it too them. There are clever lessons to learn, silly people to met and many play on words. If your family enjoys fairy tales this might be an enjoyable book for your family.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment